Pages Bar

Thursday, September 18, 2014

A Painting Experiment

The other day I was at Michaels buying canvases, and I noticed all of their water color supplies were on super sale.  Curious, I checked it out and decided to make an impulse buy and learn how to watercolor.

Now I took art classes when I was younger.  When I say younger, I mean elementary and middle school.  Since then I have been self-taught and have always gravitated toward acrylics.  The last time I touched watercolors was back in those art classes.  So, I got out all of my brand new supplies that I purchased, watched a few YouTube videos and "how-to" articles, poured myself a glass of wine, and went to work!


Here are two paintings I created.  Not only are they watercolor, but I decided to use abstract colors.  Very different from what  I usually do!






I definitely need more practice to learn all of the ways to utilize water color paints, but I am excited about the new opportunities this has presented for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment